D20403: AppChooserDialog: make it more usable

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 9 14:47:13 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D20403#446653 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20403#446653>, @jgrulich wrote:

  > In D20403#446650 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20403#446650>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > IMO  this should be a single-click UI, with no Open button: since there's nothing useful you can do with a selected item besides opening it, it should always open with a single-click.
  >

  > Shouldn't we maybe follow mouse options, whether users prefer single/double click?

  No. The rule is that following that setting only makes sense for items that have a real selection state, i.e. you can do something other than opening it when it's selected. If you can't, then it's a button and it should always activate on single-click. This is why toolbar buttons always activate on a single-click even when you have double-click mode activated.

REPOSITORY
  R838 Flatpak Support: KDE Portal for XDG Desktop