D19874: [Kickoff] Reduce the margins of KickoffItem, KickoffHighlight and use smallSpacing

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 5 22:22:57 BST 2019

filipf added a comment.

  This makes Kickoff even a bit more more left-centered = looking like it's wasting horizontal space. That's why I prefer the way it was before, but I tested the patch and everything seems symmetric at least.

  It seems that in the screenshots the "Small" font is set to be bigger than normal. With default font sizes Kickoff can end up looking like this (ignore the lack of few other patches):

  F6755716: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6755716>

  That's a lot of unused horizontal space, while the benefits of reduced padding are only for apps with really long descriptions (which are minority) or for people using a bigger font size for "Small" text.

  If everyone else is on board I won't object though.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop