Plasma Dev Docs questions

Juan Carlos Torres jucato at kdemail.net
Thu Apr 4 13:14:10 BST 2019

Greetings Plasmates!

Since Plasma is the KDE Desktop, it is probably one of the first
experiences budding developers have with our software. It has probably seen
its fair share of interested contributors and even "external", third-party
developers of plasmoids and alternative shells. If it's not too much to
ask, I'd like to borrow a few minutes of your time and pick your brains
about some matters related to the project's developer documentation.

- How easy or hard has it been for new developers to find resources,
especially docs, to get them started? This applies to both new contributors
as well as external developers

- What areas have received the most interest from new developers? What have
been their most frequently asked questions?

- What problems has the team had with the current docs and systems
(apidocs, wiki, etc.)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions on Plasma
developer documentation. I think having clear entry points and accessible
resources will go a long way in lowering the barrier to entry and
attracting more contributors and users of our technologies.

--
Regards,

Juan Carlos Torres
Jucato