D19822: [Task Manager] Toggle mute when the audio indicator is clicked

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 2 23:18:25 BST 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D19822#442584 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19822#442584>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Hmm, while the red highlight effect is pretty and distinctive, typically we don't telegraph what will happen when clicked using an item's hover effect. Though it's more boring and conventional, I would recommend using the typical effect. :)

  There was something bothering me about the effect, and now that you mention it this is actually it - it's unconventional, feels a bit out of place.

  In D19822#442548 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19822#442548>, @faridb wrote:

  > I also tried reducing the opacity of the icon, which results in the following effect:
  >  F6746972: Mute3.gif <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6746972>

  The built-in highlight effect looks really good with dark and colorful icons. What happens when you combine it with this opacity approach, how does the opacity shift look like when the icon is dark?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop