D19822: [Task Manager] Toggle mute when the audio indicator is clicked

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 2 09:15:27 BST 2019

mart added a comment.

  In D19822#439297 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19822#439297>, @hein wrote:

  > A possible improvement to make here is to make the indicator visually react to hover by recoloring the icon, to teach that it's seperately interactive and will do something different than clicking elsewhere on the task button, so users get habituated not to click it accidentally. This should probably be done anyway (we're usally pretty triggerhappy on the hover feedback).

  If you want to recolor it dramatically indeed you would have to use kirigami.Icon (or add the same feature to iconitem, which is also fine)
  you would need to recolor both states, normal and hover, otherwise the normal state may be recolored the wrong color (in cases when the plasma theme doesn't follow system palette)

  alternatively to use the standard mouseover effect, it can use the builtin highlight effect in iconitem made with kiconeffect (maybe if is too light, the default highlight effect in kiconeffects has to be reconsidered?)

  weight-wise, kirigami.icon should be slightly ligher (eh, not too much :p) than iconitem and would like in the future (kf6?) to just have that one instead of the duplication plasmacore.iconitem and kirigami.icon

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop