D15418: Dim application icon when it is not playing anything

Sven Mauch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Sep 24 11:47:29 BST 2018

svenmauch added a comment.

  Ideally the volume lines would show how loud an application currently is by having an equalizer-like overlay on the blue volume bar.

  For now I think having the icons with less transparency is confusing. At least for me it doesn't seem intuitive enough what it means and it might open up possibilites where some icons look weird when dimmed.

  Adding icons to all apps that are currently not playing would clutter things up since there's usually more apps open that are not playing anything than vice-versa.

  I thought about adding another volume icon to the bottom-right side of the app icons but that would probably look weird right next to the other volume icon. Maybe someone can come up with a better idea?

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet