D15291: [Folder View] Compare UDS entry times directly instead of going through KFileItem

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 5 12:28:26 BST 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, hein.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This avoids creating a QDateTime object with all the timezone processing that comes with it since we're only interested in the relative order, not absolute precise date time values.

  CHANGELOG: Sorting files by date in Folder View is significantly faster now

TEST PLAN
  Having my Downloads ordner as FV sorted ascending by date went from 60ms to under 1ms
  Files still appear sorted correctly
  Did the same change in Dolphin a while back

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/foldermodel.cpp