D14895: Plasmashell freezes when trying to get free space info from mounted remote filesystem after losing connection to it

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 4 11:05:08 BST 2018

broulik added a comment.

  I'm not a huge fan of having that notification but if you can assure it doesn't spam the user by showing up repeatedly if a mount is blocked indefinitely, it's fine I guess

INLINE COMMENTS

> soliddeviceengine.cpp:29
>  #include <QDebug>
>  #include <KDiskFreeSpaceInfo>
>  #include <KFormat>

Unused

> soliddeviceengine.cpp:571
> +        // collect and process info
> +        connect(job, &KIO::FileSystemFreeSpaceJob::result,
> +                [this, timer, path, udi](KIO::Job *job, KIO::filesize_t size, KIO::filesize_t available) {

Give `connect` a context:

  connect(job, &KIO::FileSystemFreeSpaceJob::result, this, ...

otherwise it would blow up if we are deleted before the job finishes

> soliddeviceengine.h:38
>  #include "hddtemp.h"
> +#include <KDiskFreeSpaceInfo>
> +#include <KIO/FileSystemFreeSpaceJob>