Willing to contribute

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Oct 17 12:53:37 BST 2018

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:51:54AM +0200, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 5:05 PM Antoon BERES <antoonberes at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm pretty new to opensource projects etc in general, nevertheless, as a novice programmer the plasma-mobile project grabbed my interest. I am a chemist and hobby/amateur programmer (mainly python and C, still learning C, ..) I have been a linux/pc enthousiast for a long time and would love this project to succeed. My skills might not seem like much, and i might not be as much of use as some of the better professional programmers, but I am willing to learn and put effort into this project. I also have skills in photo-editing if those might be of use. If anyone can give me anything to do, I will gladly try to make it happen. It would be a good way to improve my programming and linux knowledge even further as well as gain experience with open source projects all while contributing to a project i support.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Dear Antoon,
> Best way to get started is to find something that doesn't work for you
> and solve it. This way you'll have to go through setting up the
> environment, submitting a patch, etc.
>
> Here's a good place to start from:
> https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved

Other tips
Hang out with us on #plasma
Join the Kickoff meeting which is about to happen there
Play around with C++, Qt and Qt Quick/QML
Go through the todos
    Plasma: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/35/
    Plasma Mobile: https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/plasma:_mobile/
    Plasma Docs: https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/plasma:_docs/
    Plasma on Wayland: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/99/
    Plasma Accessibility: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/249/
    Plasma KCM Redesign: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/254/
    Convergence? https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/240/
    KWin: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/view/98/

KCM Redesign is probably a great one to get smallish interesting and useful projects in if you know C++ and QMl

Triage bugs on bugs.kde.org plasmashell component

Jonathan