D16031: [SDDM theme] remove blur and increase UI contrast so that it's not required

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 10 02:45:03 BST 2018

ngraham marked an inline comment as done.
ngraham added a comment.

  In D16031#340299 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16031#340299>, @filipf wrote:

  > One more thing I noticed about functionality and that is related to the opacity of the circles.
  >
  > Since we now have circles, we can add a different opacity for when an action button is hovered over and when it's not. Here's a too strong of an example of different opacities, this time from actual fiddling with SDDM theming:
  >
  > F6316007: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6316007>
  >
  > It's fairly easy to implement. In **ActionButton.qml **you place something like
  >
  >   opacity: ( containsMouse || activeFocus ) ? 1 : 0.85
  >

  > under the line
  >
  >   activeFocusOnTab: true

  There's already a fairly nice hover effect built in with these new icons so this actually isn't even needed.

  I tried using outlines instead of shadows, and it's not bad for the clock, but it doesn't work //at all// for the smaller username and button text. So I think that's a no-go. I'll have a new version up shortly.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace