D16031: [SDDM theme] remove blur and increase UI contrast so that it's not required

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 9 15:43:25 BST 2018

filipf added a comment.

  The new shadows around the action button text look better and the border around the avatar seems perfectly fine actually.

  I do, however, think that the shadows are too strong all together. The clock is actually a bigger concern. Have a look at the inside of the number "4" where the shadows overlap. Or inside the number "8"... it's very bad aesthetically.

  Why are we using the outer shadow effect on the clock and not the drop shadow effect? The text is big and thick enough to allow the use of a drop shadow, which looks much more classy:

  F6315226: With_border_2.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6315226>

  Unfortunately the other text has to use outer shadow because the drop shadow effect is not enough (I tried).

  In the mock-up I've also: 1) removed the circle's border; 2) scaled down the icons within the circle; 3) added blur behind the circle (can't really see it here unfortunately)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace