D16031: [SDDM theme] remove blur and increase UI contrast so that it's not required

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 8 11:00:04 BST 2018

filipf added a comment.

  ^ I wouldn't be that harsh; I think this is a step in the right direction. From a functionality point of view it seems alright, but from a design point of view I have some suggestions, if it's alright to list them:

  1. no need to add an additional border to the user icon; keep the new background contained within the existing border
  2. no need to add an extra border to the circles, no matter how faint it is
  3. it may be aesthetically preferable to not spread out the icons so much inside the circle, they could be scaled down a bit
  4. I think adding blur behind the circles would a be a nice touch
  5. I'd potentially lower the strength of text shadows (both for action items and date&time)
  6. this is just a light color scheme variant, should someone wish to use white circles with dark icon elements, it might be neat have the option to do so (this is more relevant in the case of logout and lock screens adjusting to color schemes)
  7. this and the problem of white text on light backgroudns raises the question of implementing an option which would parse a kdeglobals file to /usr/var/lib/sddm/config with Breeze Dark set as the color scheme or of creating a Breeze Dark SDDM theme, but SDDM is highly uncustomizable right now
  8. I still believe the Breeze desktop icons themselves are too thin and would benefit from even a slight increase in thickness

  Whatever is applicable also pertains to the logout and lock screens.

  I'll try to make a mock-up implementing the things I suggested when I catch some time.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace