D14949: Add option for whether to show the volume change OSD

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 3 08:09:08 BST 2018

filipf added a comment.

  What would be the problem in having both the option to turn the OSD off and having the option to change its appearance?

  The plasma-pa settings dialog is super uncluttered right now so I don't understand the argument that it would complicate things.

  As for the default appearance of the OSD, I believe it's fine. If you move it down, you're sort of obfuscating less of the action in the video, but you're now also potentially blocking the user's subtitles, which is IMO worse than superimposing oneself over the video.