D15637: Make DBusMenu work correctly with dynamically generated menus

Igor Poboiko noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 2 16:36:06 BST 2018

poboiko added a comment.

  In D15637#335295 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15637#335295>, @broulik wrote:

  > From what I can tell this patch trades one bug (menu closing unexpectedly) for another one (menus erratically resizing/repositioning themselves).

  As for LyX it's not just menu closing unexpectedly, but it's just totally unusable: I cannot access menu using the applet at all. That was the main reason I started looking into it.

  But as for glitches: what about proposed `QWidget::setUpdatesEnabled` calls? (funny, actually it doesn't work for LyX, because, apparently, when I open a menu, it decides to run GetLayout 5-10 times in a row, updating the menu each time and causing glitches. Weird, and I don't even know who is responsible for that)

  > I think we should be updating the actions in lockstep rather than adding all the things and then removing the old ones or vice-versa.

  That does sound like a better way. But I don't really know how do updated items correspond with old ones, since they have different IDs.
  In principle those can represent absolutely different actions - if application really decided to totally mess with the menu during runtime.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace