D16031: [SDDM theme] remove blur and increase UI contrast so that it's not required

Richard Addison noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 30 17:00:35 GMT 2018

raddison added a comment.

  In D16031#368865 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16031#368865>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D16031#368861 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16031#368861>, @raddison wrote:
  >
  > > @ngraham Is it going to look something like that? https://phabricator.kde.org/file/data/zaerjwktbynwubnvu3ja/PHID-FILE-y52h6nwujyugxuqkc73z/maxresdefault.jpg
  >

  > No, screenshots for the current proposal are in the Test Plan section of this patch. The image you're referring to was the old Plasma 5 design that was replaced in Plasma 5.8. I would support going back to that style of design because it solves virtually all of the problems here. But so far there doesn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm for that. The

  Truth to tell neither am I enthused about the old Plasma 5 design.
  I've also looked at the test plan and it's not exactly a stroke of genius if it looks like https://phabricator.kde.org/file/data/w3iyc7eov3ys6kmhrwi7/PHID-FILE-nya3nyqpjbmnijijvlwm/Screenshot_20181129_233236.png

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace