D17217: Implement free memory notifier

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 28 15:08:56 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D17217#367544 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17217#367544>, @McPain wrote:

  > Sometimes I see what happens if you're running out of memory and oom can't do anything - the whole system halts and only solution for this is hard reset with all unsaved data lost.
  >  25% is not hardcoded value, **you can reduce threshold down to 1%** and also **you can include your swap space in settings.**

  The problem is that none of this is appropriate to expose regular users to. If this feature goes in, it needs //perfect// defaults, because 99.99% of users will never change the defaults even if they are annoyed by them.

  I would recommend changing the default threshold from 25% to 10%, and automatically detect swap space rather than making the user configure it.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace