D17152: Hide the badge if number too big

Sune Vuorela noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 25 18:00:46 GMT 2018

svuorela added a comment.

  @ngraham It might be that many notifications != no notifications in some cases, but at least in the case of emails, with many unread emails basically doesn't make a difference.

  I have a coulpe of hundred thousand unread emails + the emails in my spamfolder which is another hundred thousand. Having such an indicator in this case is just .. useless.

  I do get that the badge makes sense if you have a inbox zero kind of attendance to your email, but if not, it is just noise.

  Maybe a star or a infinity symbol can be a usable compromise. But that also doesn't actually convey any information. Because you know you have unread emails.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop