D17143: Pixel-align the sidebar's flickables to prevent artifacts when scrolling

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 24 23:13:23 GMT 2018

fvogt added a comment.

  > Yeah, I had a feeling that that might end up as a better place for the fix. Someone else would need to do that patch or help me with it though. I gave it a shot but couldn't get the binding right.

  It might be that in those cases Kirigami doesn't create the `Flickable`, but uses a child `ListView` as `flickableItem` directly, in which case it does not touch `pixelAligned`... So that wouldn't be sufficient anyway.

  > Regardless, it might be nice to also land this on the stable branch so that LTS users can benefit from the fix, since they aren't going to be upgrading to a new frameworks version.

  I agree, but I think it's more effective to fix this at the source in kirigami and ask distros to patch frameworks (which aren't LTS, so they're either updating versions or doing backports anyway) than fixing every use of Kirigami.Scoll* in Plasma, which is mostly noise.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings