D17079: Provide a qqc2/kirigami-based about page

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 22 15:42:16 GMT 2018

apol added a comment.

  In D17079#364163 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17079#364163>, @ltoscano wrote:

  > In D17079#364157 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17079#364157>, @mart wrote:
  >
  > > I think this ui should really go into KCoreAddons itself. Would it be accepted there?
  >

  > kcoreaddons is tier1 just like kirigami. Why not create a new Frameworks, kirigami-addons (or another appropriate name), which would collect all the common UI items which depends on other frameworks? Basically the kxmlgui of Kirigami.

  I think an external framework is a big overkill. In this case, it's only runtime dependencies so both either kcoreaddons or kirigami could offer it. I would favor putting it in kirigami because there's the duck-typing opportunity there too, but it may be a stretch.
  That said, we'll need someone to register the KAbout* types somewhere too, but we can also rely on applications doing that as a first iteration.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store