D16988: [Kickoff] Make the visible search field unfocused by default

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 19 14:42:46 GMT 2018

romangg added a comment.

  In D16988#362323 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16988#362323>, @rooty wrote:

  > Clipboard works like this but the coding is beyond my abilities. Krunner does this too except it opens up with the search field in focus. This Kickoff patched version can't do that, and I've yet to figure out how to make it be able to.

  I believe in you! :) If you need quick help come join the Plasma IRC channel.

  > It's not necessary to do so in Kicker. You can just keep on typing.

  I know it's not necessary. I meant that it should not be allowed. My argument is there is no purpose/advantage to that if you can just continue typing from every focused item. All it does is making it one more item to cycle through when moving up/down through the search results.

  > Patches that would patch this patch or patches that would each patch master separately?

  You can do this as you see fit. I would recommend though in this case to make a patch series where patches depend on each other since otherwise it can become difficult to keep all the independent patches consistent with each other.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop