D16988: [Kickoff] Make the visible search field unfocused by default

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 19 14:30:41 GMT 2018

rooty added a comment.

  > Why does it make it easy?

  Sorry I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that. It doesn't. (I think my point was that it works regardless of the focus being drawn away from it?)

  > - By default search field looks unactivated but has focus. Arrow up/down sets focus to the item selected, but typing to start a search is still possible.

  Clipboard works like this but the coding is beyond my abilities. Krunner does this too except it opens up with the search field in focus. This Kickoff patched version can't do that, and I've yet to figure out how to make it be able to.

  > - One does not need to go back to the search field with arrow keys to add/remove characters (and also should not be able to do that like in Kicker).

  It's not necessary to do so in Kicker. You can just keep on typing.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop