D16988: [Kickoff] Make the visible search field unfocused by default

Frederik Gladhorn noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 19 09:46:00 GMT 2018

gladhorn added a comment.

  In D16988#362104 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16988#362104>, @rooty wrote:

  > @gladhorn More food for thought by the way: in this patch (and the master) the search field is focused while searching and while navigating the search results - it still accepts input even though you've technically navigated away from it. Should this functionality be kept (regardless of if the search field remains visibly focused or not), or should we prevent the user from typing into the search field while the focus is on the search results?
  >
  > I think it's a good idea to let the user type to search from wherever they may be in Kickoff, but to draw the focus away from the search field (like Kicker).

  Yes, I want to be able to type, no matter where, but the search result should get the focus in my opinion. We don't want to lose that functionality, it's about knowing what the currently most relevant item is, just like a sighted user would see the top list item. Then if the arrow keys for example work to go to the next search result, just like you'd glance down, then that's perfect.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop