D15855: Port Kickoff to shared view component using single-MouseArea pattern

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 19 06:23:22 GMT 2018

hein added a comment.

  In D15855#362015 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15855#362015>, @ngraham wrote:

  > @hein This broke the scrollbar for any views that are scrollable. Now the scrollbars don't accept clicks and drags anymore, and don't change on hover. Maybe the MouseArea doesn't pass on the mouse events to the ScrollArea underneath it or something?
  >
  > We can't ship 5.15 this way; please fix. Thanks!

  Plasma releases are time-based. Declaring release blockers is not a power you have. Using powers you don't actually have to "please fix, thanks" bugs in code under common ownership is a "you broke it, you fix it" style in which we don't work. Because it is demotivating for one, but also because it increases the likelihood of individual contributors becoming overly entrenched in areas of the code and pushing bus numbers down. In the future, please file a bug ticket and reference the commit that caused the regression.

  I'll look into the bug.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop