Plasma Accessibility: Kickoff Application starter and Focus handling

Chrys chrys at linux-a11y.org
Sun Nov 18 23:05:36 GMT 2018

Howdy Edmundson,
Oh really? This is incredible awesome. Its the last pice of puzzle what would fit our goal - make most important Desktop components accessible and make plasma initial (very basic) usefully for blind people.
Would be very exciting if you could bring your patch in place.
I recognize some similar work in this area. To avoid duplicate work and be able to fix the complete issue  maybe you can take a look at this (maybe it could unified with your patch or something):
D16988:
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2018-November/090642.html

Cheers chrys
On søndag 18. november 2018 18:08:27 CET David Edmundson wrote:
> I started a patch a while ago in a branch:
> D7780: Make Kickoff expose items to accessibility
>
> Which rewrote a lot as the focus handling was all over the place.
>
> However, in the meantime there was another big patch to kickoff that meant
> I needed to resolve all the merge conflicts in mine, and I kept putting it
> off - and it hasn't been merged yet.
> I should get on with it. Wow, that would be totally awesome :) We have quite a bunch of other tasks, but priority wise this is super important for accessibility. Thanks a lot for taking care of this.
 Cheers, Frederik