D16988: [Kickoff] Make the visible search field unfocused by default

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 18 21:39:34 GMT 2018

filipf added a comment.

  I cannot comment on the technical side of things (noob), and am perhaps a little biased since Root and I are best friends who have been working (mostly him) on Kickoff this weekend as our first real contribution to KDE, however... this change can really do wonders for helping the search bar blend in throughout various themes and should be the final nail in the coffin of that debate. It helps a lot with transparent themes:

  F6431072: Screenshot_20181118_211024.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6431072>

  F6431071: Screenshot_20181118_211058.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6431071>
  (here depicted: the Opal desktop theme)

  It also conceptually makes more sense to have the search field unfocused because searching is not necessarily the main activity done within Kickoff, so why have it in focus all the time?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop