D16937: Make Kickoff separators leaner (less opaque) and narrower (the length of a highlighted menu item)

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 17 16:36:21 GMT 2018

rooty added a comment.

  Okay so, it took me a while to figure out (total noob here I'm telling you) - the key was to add

    frameVisible:false

  at line 60 of KickoffListView.qml. Then the extra (overlapping) separators are gone. Check it out: F6428936: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6428936>, F6428938: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6428938>, F6428940: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6428940>
  By the way, that last screenshot ("there it is again"), turns out that that was the lower border of the icon I'd scrolled past was just above the header Places, so //not a bug//.

  And as you can see, it works fine on top of my patch as well, no double separators (overlapping or otherwise). The separator between the username from the item list is shorter than that above/below the tab bar (it makes Kickoff look like it consists of different parts but neatly blended together).
  F6428961: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6428961>

  And last but not least,
  F6428965: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6428965>

REPOSITORY