D15512: [startplasmacompositor] Add Wayland socket argument

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 14 12:45:30 GMT 2018

fvogt added a comment.

  It looks like all of that is already implemented in libwayland-server.
  kwin_wayland just needs to make use of `wl_display_add_socket_auto` (other compositors do as well).

  In D15512#359308 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15512#359308>, @graesslin wrote:

  > In D15512#359253 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15512#359253>, @fvogt wrote:
  >
  > > I'd be fine with this change if it were more generic and allowed to add arbitrary arguments to kwin_wayland.
  >

  > No other option makes sense to pass to kwin from startplasmacompositor.

  I would say most of the options used for kwin_wayland make sense except for "--help" and such. Let's say `dbus-run-session startplasmacompositor --output-count 2` to start a windowed plasma session with two windows for example.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace