D16638: Handle focus in the window switcher

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 4 12:53:36 GMT 2018

romangg added a comment.

  What's with alternative window switchers? They all would need this force activation as well.

  I would very much like to see a more robust and generic solution to the problem. Best would be imo to look again into activating the tabbox window on KWin level directly. That it doesn't do this is a semantic error.

INLINE COMMENTS

> gladhorn wrote in WindowSwitcher.qml:48
> It would if the window did end up having the focus in some form. As far as I can tell it doesn't ever get the focus (since kwin decided that it shouldn't). Doing this makes qt quick focus handling work while leaving the real window focus alone.

Solutions like this always carry the risk of regression. What if in a future Qt release the window focus gets checked before focus gets force activated?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace