D7087: Add "Copy Info" button to the About System KCM

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 30 06:01:02 UTC 2018

gregormi marked an inline comment as done.
gregormi added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> rkflx wrote in Module.cpp:246
> Probably not strictly required for this patch, but it would be nicer to refactor this in such a way that adding another string to the UI does not require adding it here too.
>
> Perhaps this can be achieved by creating a list of label/version pairs, and then iterating through that list both when creating the UI and when generating the text to copy.

Yes, I also had the list idea in an earlier stage of the patch< but without reusing the translated label text. I don't expect the information labels to change often, so I think such a refactoring can be done at a later point in time.

> ltoscano wrote in Module.cpp:253
> Please don't write (just) "do this in this case", but explain what the placeholders are meant to be. Leave it to the speakers of the language the decision about the order.

I will do it like this:

i18nc("one line in the information that goes to the clipboard", "%1 %2", ...

I see one problem: %1 contains a trailing colon (:). So just reversing to "%2 %1" would result in "openSUSE Tumbleweed Distro:". One solution would be to strip the colon from the %1 string and put it here: "%1: %2".

REPOSITORY
  R102 KInfoCenter