D13141: Touchpad KCM Redesign Using Kirigami

Furkan Tokac noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 28 23:51:38 UTC 2018

furkantokac added a comment.

  In D13141#269402 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13141#269402>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Sadly, Libinput only allows one scrolling method to be active at once. See https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinput/doc/latest/scrolling.html
  >
  > So until and unless we can change Libinput itself, this has to stay as a radio button.

  Thanks Nate! We can discuss the issue later then.

  In D13141#268894 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13141#268894>, @abetts wrote:

  > In D13141#268862 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13141#268862>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > As for wanting to making this non-scrollable: in general, we should aspire for the main views of our KCMs to never require scrolling (subviews like tables are okay, of course). It's very awkward to able to scroll a UI that's packed full of UI controls. It can even introduce issues since some controls respond to scroll events; it becomes easy to accidentally manipulate a control via a scroll event when you means to just move the view. Let's shoot for keeping all the content fully in view with a 1024x768 window size.
  >

  > I feel this is a "must". The vision is that we will empower the user to make changes quickly with minimal effort or digging. We already have a 3 layer deep system settings. Hopefully with this design, we can bring that number lower. Showing all settings within a window without scrolling is essential to that end. If you encounter a list that seems too long to fit in the space, bring it up to use and we can help.

  Thanks. I got the issue. Is Page fully support the mobile phones or small-screen devices ? I supposed that we're using ScrollablePage to support more/different devices because I saw that some other KCMs using ScrollablePage too (Font, Translation, Launch KCM etc.) Is it okay to use Page for small screen devices ?

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop