D13178: Compress calls to configuration slots upon new connections

Jacopo De Simoi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 28 20:42:54 UTC 2018

jacopods added a comment.

  Short story: It just feels more right to me to compress several configuration calls in one, although it does not give an advantage in terms of speed or anything.

  Long story:

  In fact, I have been experimenting a bit with the daemon.  One of the things that I experimented with was to let it execute a script to fix some corner cases (xkbcomp +xcape users).  In case the configuration bit is run several times simultaneously we can get into some race conditions, so I figured that one needs to compress the calls.
  Since I don't see why one wouldn't want to compress the calls even without the scripting  (what is the point of running xmodmap 5 times in a row with the same parameters?) I have proposed this patch. I don't think it adds too much complexity and it feels cleaner.