D12996: Register players when tab becomes audible

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 20 11:47:52 UTC 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, davidedmundson, fvogt.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When a tab becomes audible (ie. the playing sound icon shows up), register all players on the site.
  This ensures dynamically created players that weren't registred by our DOM mutation observer are also handled.

TEST PLAN
  Opened a twitter video, I clicked on it so it started playing with sound, now I can control it. Previously it would not detect it.

  Could also cause unintended side-effects if another tab starts playing sound suddenly?

  I don't fully understand why neither `createElement` nor the mutation observer detect it, though.

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration

AFFECTED FILES
  extension/content-script.js