D12944: [weather applet] Show a note why "Show temperature" is disabled

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 17 14:48:24 UTC 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  Meh, forgot about ensuring proper wordwrapping, but somehow

    Layout.fillWidth: true
    wrapMode: Text.WordWrap

  don't have the desired effect, seems the groupbox is messing into that.
  Screws this approach.

  In D12944#264142 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12944#264142>, @mart wrote:

  > can you try how it looks with the component InlineMessage from Kirigami?

  Somehow InlineMessage does not play well with GridLayout :/ And then same wordwrap issue. Meh config pages and minimum width behaviour...

  In D12944#264144 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12944#264144>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In what circumstance is it enabled? If it's only enabled when the weather forecast is disabled, perhaps we should instead use ratio buttons, like so:
  >
  >   Compact mode: (0) Show weather forecast
  >                 ( ) show temperature

  What the info was trying to tell: showing in compact mode additionally the temperature is only available if used in a location where there are no size constraints.

  Seems this is not that quick & easy to solve, and given I have to run now, no chance to do this last minute dirty improvement for 5.13, People will survice this :)
  Will pick up later once I have landed some more changes which then again would influence this config page (which is the reason why I had forgotten about that issue, hope was to get those features done for 5.13).

  Thanks for quick reaction for now.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons