Switchuser Issue

Rainer Dorsch ml at bokomoko.de
Tue May 15 07:02:52 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have an issue with switch user in ksmserver on my newly installed Debian
buster system (plama-workspaces 5.12.5):

When I try to swich user, I get the switchuser dialog displayed, but when I
click on switch, I get to my own session's lockscreen. This doesn't seem to be
a general issue, there is at least one person on #debian-kde who reports that
switching users works for him.

I traced the code and ended up in

/usr/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.kde.breeze.desktop/contents/userswitcher/
UserSwitcher.qml

Since I am not an qml writer (or reader ;-) I was so far not able to find out
what

sessionsModel.switchUser(block.userListCurrentModelData.vtNumber,
sessionsModel.shouldLock)

does. As a first test, can I add a log statement to test, if that line in the
code is really reached (maybe just log to /tmp/switchuserdebug.log)?

Any idea is welcome.

Many thanks
Rainer

--