D12855: Move Widget search field to its own row so it doesn't get compressed

Scott Harvey noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 14 19:22:58 UTC 2018

sharvey marked 3 inline comments as not done.
sharvey added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in WidgetExplorer.qml:235
> `units.gridUnit * 2` = 36 pixels. That seems a bit tall, no? Is there any way we can derive this height value programmatically?

Wellll.... from my (albeit limited) comprehension of `units`, they're all derived programatically somehow, either from an icon size, a font size, or at the lowest level, DPI.

The API page for `Units::gridUnits` reads

> The fundamental unit of space that should be used for sizes, expressed in pixels.
>
> Given the screen has an accurate DPI settings, it corresponds to a width of the capital letter M

So if I understand your question correctly, deriving the row size from a font size would be redundant. Wouldn't it?

> ngraham wrote in WidgetExplorer.qml:264
> Delete code, don't comment it out.

Self = kicked.

REPOSITORY