minutes meeting week 20

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:48:07 UTC 2018

Hello,

Attached are notes from meeting week 20:

* kbroulik and bshah were sick and execused from meeting

Present:

bshah, kbroulik, Sho_, notmart, romangg, Riddell

Sho_:

 * [PBI] Finished David's browser integration extension installation reminder for him, since went on vacation
 * [SysSe] Finished Language KCM port (w/ DND coming in 5.14)
 * [SysSe] Spent Sunday working with my GSoC student on our keyboard/input KCM rewrite, very productive day
 ** He's getting set up with a git account and a blog, first blog report soonish
 * [FV] Always set applet title even when the label is disabled in settings, so FV always gets a nice tab title in the grouping apple
 * [Kicker] Fixed recent regression (by dfaure! :) breaking submenu updating when switching between categories of the same size
 * [Kicker] Looking into bug 394202
 * [Plasma] Spent some time butting heads with the org.kde.plasma:force-create stuff and wrote bug 394034 about it
 * [Other] Thursday was a holiday

notmart:

 * fixed a bug in the base qml kcm classes that broke the language kcm rewrite
 * Continued working primarly on the virtual desktop wayland protocol, it's on Phab D12820, now will be review period in which will change a lot
 * Diff 12820 "Add KWayland virtual desktop protocol" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D12820
 ** this week added the plasmawindow part, windows can enter and exit desktops
 ** an attempt to make the manager to keep internally coherence in the desktop grid. It will probably have to be reworked further.
 * Kirigami: fixing a bug in the DelegateRecycler, which involved a minimal refactoring
 * Kirigami: working on a component to reorder ListViews by drag and drop, will be used in the language kcm (post-5.13)

romangg:

 * pushed D12739, fix for kdesrc-build
 * Diff 12739 "Ignore system standard path when prepending environment variables" [Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D12739
 * reviewed patches for Martin and notmart
 * Still blocked otherwise on my patches for KWin/KWayland through missing reviews. There seems to be a problem in general at the moment. Should we discuss this now or later?

Riddell:

 * Plasma 5.13 beta on Thursday! announcement being written today! Get your features in pronto!
 * although I will be looking out for bug 394134

Also some notes about blocked reviews:

- Roman brought up this topic
- Mostly reason we believe for long review queue is because of Kai, David being off in last week, Marco focusing on virtual desktop work last week
- We also agreed upon learning more about kwin/kwayland to reduce bus factor

(See logs for more discussion)

Thanks

--
Bhushan Shah