D12698: WIP: Show SNI to install browser-side extension

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 11 08:40:34 UTC 2018

hein added a comment.

  > - The SNI doesn't disappear when the browser is closed.

  This no longer matters in the latest revision, because the SNI will now run the launched browser with the URL as argument. If it's been closed it'll just reopen.

  > - When you click the SNI to open, it won't necessarily open in the browser it notified about if it's not also the default browser.

  Fixed in last revision.

  > - General issues with using more than one browser simultaneously.

  This is still sort of a problem. After installing the extension for one browser, we stop caring about others, so if a user switches browsers or uses multiple browsers regularly they lose out. It could be that's a niche scenario and this is already good enough, though.

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration