D6096: Add Wayland RemoteAccess capabilities to KRfb

Jan Grulich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 10 07:01:33 UTC 2018

jgrulich added a comment.

  In D6096#260229 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D6096#260229>, @Kanedias wrote:

  > @jgrulich I started to hack together a very simple krfb-with-dbus-with-xdp-kde-with-pipewire... thingie.
  >  Now I'm curious, you have `handle` and `session_handle` paths everywhere in Screencast interface inside XDP-KDE source. Why? I can understand why `session_handle` is there - to create and track sessions of course, but what is `handle` used for?

  You are not supposed to be using xdg-desktop-portal-kde, but just xdg-desktop-portal (which will call xdg-desktop-portal-kde or xdg-desktop-portal-gtk based on DE). The first handle is object path of org.freedesktop.portal.Request object, this is an object created for every portal call which is supposed to  be used e.g. to close the request. See how I use screencast portal here https://cgit.kde.org/xdg-portal-test-kde.git/tree/src/portaltest.cpp.

REPOSITORY
  R437 Desktop Sharing