D12462: Add support for icon-only tasks (what browsers call pinned tabs)

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 2 09:56:18 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.

  In D12462#252987 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12462#252987>, @Fuchs wrote:

  > In D12462#252982 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12462#252982>, @mart wrote:
  >
  > > I like the idea a lot,
  > >  tough i am not sure i like the implementation: right now is kindof hortogonal to pinned tasks and gets confusing as it has a partial, but not complete overlap.
  > >  I think this should just be the behavior for pinned tasks, in order to map perfectly to the workflow of browser pinned tasks (and have only one option, pin task, instead of pin task and remove text)
  >

  > Pinned tasks, right now, are bound to activities iff the amount of activities is >= 2. So these do different things  (arguably current "pin" is badly named):

  a task still, can be pinned to all activities, so still seems like an useless complication to me.

  to me pinning should mean:

  - i say what are the most important tasks to me (regardless if it's for one activity or for all activities)
  - i want them always there, no matter whether running or not
  - they stay always exactly in the same place (muscle memory) therefore can't have text and never move when they are started

  to achieve that, i should do one action, not 2, it looks like bad UI for me otherwise.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace