D11808: [weather dataengine] Fix BBC provider to adapt to change RSS feed

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 30 15:14:20 UTC 2018

kossebau created this revision.
kossebau added reviewers: Plasma, jriddell.
kossebau requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The urls of the BBC weather feeds seem to have changed, resulting in the
  dataengine to use no longer existing urls.

  I could not find the change documented somewhere and also do not know about
  a contact person with BBC, so done based on examples on website, trial &
  error.
  There are some data issues visible in the new data feeds, so chance is the
  feeds might see more rework and might break things again. But without any
  contract or formal agreement we can just play catch-up.

  BUG: 392510

TEST PLAN
  Existing configured weather applets using a location from a BBC weather
  service work again.
  Newly configured weather applets using a BBC weather service also work.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  fixbbcukmetrss

AFFECTED FILES
  dataengines/weather/ions/bbcukmet/ion_bbcukmet.cpp
  dataengines/weather/ions/bbcukmet/ion_bbcukmet.h