D11757: Polish sidebar header appearance

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 27 22:49:03 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  That parson was @mart, which is why I added him as a reviewer. Previously, the light subcategory header text was visually consistent with the category headers on the main list--which were far too light due to a bug. I fixed that bug, and now the subcategory header text no longer matches with anything. It's also inconsistent with other column-based navigation headers, and is just too light in general. 30% opacity text is hard to read and doesn't make conceptual sense for a header.

  > The horizontal line you added separating the search section from the sidebar options is cool though.

  Thanks!

  > The back navigation as it is is pretty clear, no need to turn it into a button.

  It's not necessarily about clarity, it's about visual polish. Did you read the linked bug? It looks especially weird in HiDPI mode. If we're going to keep the present appearance, we should remove the button borders that show up on hover that are jammed up against the parent frame. But I kind of like bit big explicit button approach myself (obviously, or I wouldn't have proposed it! :-) )

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings