D6096: Add Wayland RemoteAccess capabilities to KRfb

Alexey Min noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 26 09:54:39 UTC 2018

alexeymin added a comment.

  While I'm here and still remember some things that I don't like here - naming:

  There is a class `EventsPlugin` and files `eventsplugin.{h,cpp}`, class `EventsManager` and files `eventsmanager.{h,cpp}` and this is fine.
  But there is also class `EventHandler`, but files are called `events.{h,cpp}`, it makes it a little bit harder to quickly read the code; maybe it makes sense to rename file also to `eventhandler.h` ?
  Also class `FakeInputEventHandler` in file `fakeinputevents.h`; it may be also better to name the file `fakeinputeventhandler.h`...

  And the most important suggestion I have: can this work be split in 2 parts:

  - first part, split event handling into a separate type of plugin, and add a new event handler plugins, so we can test it on X11 first (even without wayland) and be sure it still works? (Hopefully this part can be done fast enough)
  - second part, add a new shiny GBM framebuffer plugin, and new dependencies on libdrm, libgbm, epoxy...

  Will be a bit easier to review and test, step by step.
  What do you think?

REPOSITORY
  R437 Desktop Sharing