D11663: Add InlineMessage type and Gallery app example page

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 26 07:31:56 UTC 2018

broulik added a comment.

  Sweet

INLINE COMMENTS

> InlineMessage.qml:364
> +
> +                            visible: actionsLayout.overflowSet.findIndex(function(act) {
> +                                return act == modelData}) > -1 && modelData.visible

`findIndex` is new in Qt 5.9

[1] https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtqml-javascript-functionlist.html

> InlineMessage.qml:387
> +        Component.onCompleted: {
> +            contentItem.opacity = visible ? 1.0 : 0.0;
> +            complete = true;

Note that `visible` propagates recursively so when the component containing a default-visible message widget isn't shown this will still animate. But then I don't know if that's a thing and how to fix that..

> InlineMessage.qml:100
> +     */
> +    property string icon
> +

Should this be a `var` property so you could also pass a `QIcon` or "QtQuick Controls Icon"?

> InlineMessage.qml:113
> +     */
> +    property bool showCloseButton: false
> +

`KMessageWidget` names it `closeButtonVisible`

> InlineMessage.qml:127
> +     */
> +    readonly property bool animating: "animating" in contentItem && contentItem.animating
> +}

`contentItem.hasOwnProperty("animating")`

> enums.h:39
>
> +class InlineMessageType : public QObject
> +{

With Qt 5.8 this could become

  namespace InlineMessageType
  {
      Q_NAMESPACE
      enum Type {

with `qmlRegisterUncreatableMetaObject`
(purely informational comment)

> enums.h:42
> +    Q_OBJECT
> +    Q_ENUMS(Type)
> +

`Q_ENUM`

(also informational, the code around it does the same, could be cleaned up eventually)

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami