D11352: [RFC] Auto ordered systray

Radek HuĊĦek noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 25 19:09:35 UTC 2018

Pitel added a comment.

  > i would prefer the final version to be quiet

  Sure.

INLINE COMMENTS

> mart wrote in AbstractItem.qml:80
> This is probably not necessary: both plasmoids and statusnotifieritems have ids that you can access (numeric for plasmoids, alphanumeric for statusnotifiers, which would then make them ordered after plasmoids but that's fine)

Probably not, I have not observed any problems even without this rule, I just wanted to be safe. I see that I can use `applet.id` or even `applet.pluginName` as there should be at most one instace of given plasmoid in systray but I am not so sure about statusnotifiers, spec says that `Id` should be unique for given app, but what if user launches two instances of the app? Or am I overthinking this?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  stableSystray2