Experience on wayland regressed

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 19:36:38 UTC 2018

>At the moment it seems that kded is being ran as xcb so
the per-screen scaling isn't being set u

All scaling will be half-broken since that change anyway.
Running clients in xwayland means we lose all client high DPI support.

​>. Also system settings shows
the behavior for xcb instead of the one for wayland also with the
per-display UX broken.

Systemsettings knows what backend the kscreen daemon is using, which is
sensible behaviour. It should be fixed by the kded change.

----

We might have a big problem. Even though 5.11 now has fallback support I'm
not convinced that changing the default
QT_QPA_DEFAULT_PLATFORM_NAME is going to happen for 5.11.  That will be a
big problem.