Experience on wayland regressed

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Mar 22 18:13:02 UTC 2018

Am 22. März 2018 15:54:22 MEZ schrieb Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org>:
>Hi,
>Since the recent removal of QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland, we lost some
>functionality. At the moment it seems that kded is being ran as xcb so
>the per-screen scaling isn't being set up. Also system settings shows
>the behavior for xcb instead of the one for wayland also with the
>per-display UX broken.

Uh kded was an oversight on my side as it's not part of workspace - I checked what workspace has as binaries and adjusted those. I'll have a look.

Systemsettings is adjusted and works fine.

>I also see that Spectacle is now even more broken as it's trying to
>ask xcb for the screenshots.

Well it should not do that. Even on X11 spectacle should use the dbus protocol. That should be easy to adjust without needing to check the platform in spectacle.

Cheers
Martin