D11175: [kstyle] refine shadows

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 22 15:46:35 UTC 2018

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  >> I have pushed a fix to the "current" shadows already. so you would need to rebase this patch to master. (I did it locally, this will create some minor conflicts).
  >>  I also have a local patch for fixing the MDI shadows on top of this patch, if you are interested.
  >
  > MDI shadows have another problem? Is it because of this patch?

  Yes (another problem) and no (because of this patch).

  As you quoted on IRC, they used the raw shadowSize enum as an actual value. This was correct for the old-old shadows, but not any more when Nathan and myself switched to using an enum. Thats what required fixing, disregarding whether your patch gets landed or not.

  >> Note that I also commented on the possible horizontal offset that you left in your implementation, for the kdecoration part. It also applies here. I would drop it :)
  >
  > Yeah, I added them to keep everything consistent(the box shadow helper expects QPoint to be an offset). I'd like to keep it, if you don't mind. :)

  Ok. No problem.
  Still, you'll probably need to rebase your patch to the current master (because of the fix I introduced above)

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

BRANCH
  shadows