D11558: Don't show cache memory in systemloadviewer bars

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 22 11:49:44 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In a sense the cache tells me about aggregated memory pressure from the past (because the cache will only slowly fill up again after it was squeezed), and the unused memory is a metrics showing the current memory pressure.

  I find it useful, and apparently when it was first introduced in KDE and later ported to Plasma it was deemed useful. It's a power user tool anyway, please don't tell users to go back to `xosview` (which won't work on Wayland).

  I see where you are coming from, though. Maybe you can make this transparent by default, and anyone liking the feature could turn on the colour again?

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons