D11558: Don't show cache memory in systemloadviewer bars

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 21 23:48:46 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D11558#231153 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11558#231153>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > Quickly seeing the difference between "free" and "cached" can be quite useful.
  >
  > Useful for what?

  For a start, there's a problem with a system (and thus performance) if cache usage is always very low. "Unused" memory does not help in this case. Seeing this value staying in a "good" state helps to confirm that despite large memory hogs coming and going the cache is utilized optimally. If not, I might add more memory or change the system configuration (e.g. ban Electron apps ;) to improve cache utilization. If I would only see "free" memory, I would not be able to evaluate this.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons