PulseAudio switch-on-connect and device-manager modules

Nate Graham pointedstick at zoho.com
Wed Mar 21 16:36:54 UTC 2018

I'm trying to centralize the conversation here rather than in a bunch of disjointed bug reports, because I feel like that's made it difficult to discuss the issue.

If enabling source switching in plasma-pa disables the device-manager module to prevent module conflicts and in the process breaks functionality the Phonon KCM, isn't that the bug that needs solving?

Having two KCMs that use different PulseAudio modules that conflict with one another such that we can have either automatic source switching, or a fully-functional Phonon KCM--but not both--seems like a bug to me.

Nate

---- On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 09:16:14 -0700 David Edmundson<kde at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote ----